Welcome to my blog. I am a 3rd grade teacher from Scottsbluff, NE. I just finished my eighth year of teaching. I taught in a self containted BD classroom in Phoenix for several years before moving to Scottsbluff, my husband's hometown. On a personal note, my husband is an 8th grade history teacher. We are proud and very exhausted parents of 4 ... all under 16 months. Crazy I know! Needless to say my summer vacation won't be much of a vacation.
I am interested in starting a classroom blog. I want my students to be able to create the posts as a way to share what is going on in the classroom and celebrate their learning. I would also like to use it as another way to communicate with parents.
I think using a classroom blog to communicate with parents is a great idea. I also think your 3rd graders will love using the blog and it will help integrate technology usage into your classroom. On a side note, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that you have 4 kids under 16 months - it must take a lot of caffeine to get you through your days!
ReplyDeleteI am also considering using the blog format for my classroom. My school district just invested in a new webmaster for their district webpage, this new provider will allow us to create our own classroom webpage, however I am finding that the blogspot is much easiers to navigate and manipulate.
ReplyDelete