As I am working on this blog, the wheels have been turning and I am thinking of ideas on how I will use this in my classroom. The new school year is almost here ...students will be filling in my classroom August 18th. Yikes that's soon! So I came up with some ideas on how I will use this blog in my classroom.
Homework. Students can find links to practice their math skills by the links I provide.
Parent information. All that info on class rules, expectations, homework can be posted on my blog so they can refer back to it throughout the year.
Weekly Newsletters. Just in case students would lose the paper copy parents can refer to the blog.
Pictures and videos. Parents and other students can see what's happening in our classroom. For example uploading a reader's theatre we may be working on.
Connect with other students around the country. I saw this as I was doing a little looking on the internet. Other classes had done this with their blogs and I thought kids would love it. Modern pen pals!
Polls. Letting parents have a say on certin topics I may present to them.
Published work. Students can add posts of their published writing.
I definately will be taking baby steps in this process but I believe that some of these ideas will be a start!
No comments:
Post a Comment